Sunday 16 January 2011

Best of 2010 (bit late I know)

I'm afraid I'm going to cheat a bit with this blog, simply because I do not have much time. I'm in the middle of writing 2 A3 pages of woodwork development for my Product Design GCSE and I've got bored. I really should keep writing it because I'm going out in an hour (going to see 'Tim Minchin - Conversation With' at the RSC. Been looking forward to it for months. Ahh!) and I won't have time to do the work tomorrow afternoon because I've got Crucible rehearsals after school. But I won't because it is mind-numbingly tedious. Yes, so I've just copied and pasted a comment I made on Mark Watson's blog reviewing the best things in 2010. Which is cheating a bit. But hey, you get a blog and I get to continue writing this rubbish about different types of wood and finishes. Fun.

The bits in italics are things that I've added jusy for you guys. Didn't think Mark would be very interested. Enjoy:

BEST SONG (you can name up to three)
1. Drowned – Tim Minchin
2. Starlight – The Tweenies (don’t ask – it’s actually very good. This relates to my current phase of children's stuff I should have grown out of - see no. 13 of this blog.)
3. This Is Gallifrey – Doctor Who Series 3 Soundtrack
I know, I have a very odd taste in music. But it makes me happy :)

BEST ALBUM
Ready For This? – Tim Minchin

BEST BOOK
1. Eleven - Mark Watson
2. All of Sherlock Holmes - Arthur Conan-Doyle (I have a massive book with every single SH story. I LOVE it! Except my stupid cat ATE IT. Grrrrr.....)

BEST FILM
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

BEST TV SHOW
Sherlock but also loved this year’s Doctor Who
Had obsessions with both. That's how I measure my liking for things. Obsessions show I liked them A LOT.

BEST PERSON
My Mum and Dad because they do so much for my brother and me and put up with so much and are both basically good at everything and I can tell them everything and can always turn to them for help and hugs. Love them lots and lots and LOTS!

BEST DAY
The second day of my unexpected trip to Portugal with my cousins. I had recovered from my 2 days of no sleep at all and began my day with breakfast in a posh Portuguese restaurant. It was simply the best breakfast I’ve EVER had! They had absolutely every breakfasty food imaginable in a massive buffet room. Pure bliss. Then we did holiday things that I’ve never been able to do before because my brother hates holidays. Such a fun day. Although I did get attacked by a wave in the sea. But then we watched the final episode of Sherlock in the evening which was amazing so it was definitely my best day of the year. Nov 17th (MW show/A* for R&J essay) and Aug 12th (birthday) were also fab days.

BEST LIVE COMEDY SHOW, MUSIC GIG, PLAY, RAVE, OR OTHER GOING-ON OF ANY KIND
1. Mark's show in Oxford
2. Matilda at the RSC
3. Blood Brothers in London

BEST PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENT
Going on holiday (and therefore an aeroplane) on my own for the first time ever. Sounds a bit feeble but bear in mind I’ve only been on a plane about 6 times before, the last time was about 3 years ago and I’ve always been with my parents. Also I had been awake for about 34 hours and hadn’t eaten much so everything was extremely surreal. I feel tired just thinking about that level of tiredness. Never. Again.

MOST ANNOYING NEW THING
The Coalition Government because they are making stupid, annoying and idiotic decisions and no one can do anything about it. Grr.

There we go. Wasn't that nice? I know we're already 3 weeks into 2011 but I forgot about this before and I have started to enjoy blogging more than I did before so I'm going to do more. I'm aiming to beat the measly 16 blogs I did last year. Rubbish! It's also a good way to procrastinate. Yay! Right, back to the stupid development pages... x

No comments:

Post a Comment